B5 Music Movements

Music Movement--(1) Latin World-
Artist : Miguel Bose
"Amante Bondito"


I chose this artist more specifically, because of the roots tied to my mother and her mother being Dominican, I figured Latin Music is an art in itself and to hear it in music is rather pleasing. I feel their particular work  suited for the target audience of Hispanics. They incorporated technology nicely in this, with the add scene features. Showing people how they make the music and using a camera to record i would assume, is very eye-grabbing, attention getting. 

Music Movement--(2) Virtual-
Artist ; Gorillaz
"Clint Eastwood"


There is no particular reasoning behind why i chose this artist, however the name seemed pretty appealing. The Gorillaz always make appealing visuals and the technology incorporated into the video is very DOPE. The fact that you hear pretty cool music, the added features of the cartoon impression gives the video an added element of suspense. In a sense, my first take on the video was that is was going to be "cheesy", boy did it prove me wrong. As a viewer, i actually appreciated the mellow, rock & roll, hip-hop infusion.



Music Movement--(3) Girl Power-
Artist : Yelle 
"A Cause Des Garcons"

Interestingly I chose this particular movement simply because i never heard of it. "Girl power" what could it possibly intel? This was actually pretty cool to. I'm not a traditional of the rage, kick to the floor, EDM type stuff, yet this was cool. They sample a female vocalist which gave meaning to the music movement. The video was clear in regards to clarity, and it was lit. The dancers were perfectly nsync with the beat and the colors weren't to blaring. Overall the high resolution camera quality gave the music more feeling.



Music Movement--(4) Girl Power-
Artist : Crystal Fighters
"I Love London"

Again I wanted to explore this "Girl Power." This one was rather awkward, I was unsure of what to expect, probably the least of my favorite. The music was to uptempo, it was catchy, but there was a lot going on as far as background noise and music. I understand that was their intention when creating the piece, i would have done it different. It's still cool. Not my particular cup of tea. But still dope as well. The camera quality of this video was rather lacking, i was not moved at all. It looked distorted and like they record it on and older model camera. Keeping in consideration when it was produced, i think the video distortion messes with peoples psychy. The sample was dope.



Music Movement--(5) Girl Power-
Nomi Ruiz
"White House"


Lastly, i chose this artist because the name sounded rather relevant. The music was a groovy little space jam, which i enjoyed. Unlike the others, they expressed the "Girl Power" movement by of course having an extrodinary female vocalist. I changed my mind. This is probably my favorite, as far as music quality, visual asthetics, and composition. It was smooth, crazy R n B vibe. I defintely enjoyed this one. Now i get a better feeling of what "Girl Power" really is. Not that i care, but it's a way of life for alot of females in the society we live in. It empowers them and allows them to flaunt glory "I suppose lol."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(2D)Pacman Grid Art (Marcus G)

Try These Audio Effects for Starters

Performing Art Piece w/ Malia