Final Artist Research (Heather Hart)

All good things must come to an end, and Heather Hart is the last and final artist i will be reviewing for the semester

"Ocular Rooftop Experience and Judgement"


"My work explores nostalgic futurism, amalgams of distorted traditions and symbols, handed down and mashed-up to fit our prospective needs. My works are meant to expand with public programing and viewer activation. I am interested in not only creating site-specific miniminal space for personal reclamation but also in questioning dominant narratives and creating alternatives to them."
 

Picking one installation by this artist, the above." This particular piece intrigued and grabbed my attention for several reasons. The art put into it, the presentation, and the subtle colors.  I found it interesting that she incorporated the themes that she typically associates her art with. Her theme being "rooftops". More so, i took away alot of meaning from this drawing.
Initially, i thought it was a drawing, but I was sadly mistaken. I enjoy the patterns of the person drawn at the bottom and also enjoy the layout and presentation of the drawing. My first impression was "O this is DOPE!" 
Essentially when i see art, i get a mood or vibrancy from. Yeah i know weird, however looking at this particular piece, i get the mood of happiness, alongside a embraceable and peaceful journey.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(2D)Pacman Grid Art (Marcus G)

Try These Audio Effects for Starters

Performing Art Piece w/ Malia